It is high quality Makita/Dolmar equipment made in Germany -- It is a very effective design, and the most well made of any of the saws that I tried in this price range (Echo, Stihl, Husqvarna).
This chainsaw was built in the Makita/Dolmar chainsaw factory in Hamburg Germany. Dolmar was renowned for producing some of the highest quality chainsaws in the world. This product has a lower maintenance cost over a ten year life then comparable chainsaws made by Husqvarna and Stihl. Even though I am a Makita dealer and service center I must admit that Makita made huge mistakes marketing their Dolmar products and quit producing gas products on March 31, 2022. However, I will continue stock these chainsaws made in Germany because they are some of the best in the world in their respective classes. I will continue to add stock of these extremely high quality machines as long as I am able to. As a Makita service center I will service and repair all Makita gas chainsaws as long as parts are available through the Makita service network. I am also purchasing spare parts for the eventual end of their availability through the Makita service network. Once this occurs, I will use these specially purchased parts to service Makita chainsaws that were purchased from this company.
- EFFICIENCY : Heavy-duty air filter system for extended air filter life
- DURABILITY : 5.7 HP engine engineered for fast acceleration and efficient cutting
- VERSATILITY : Magnesium housing for improved durability and less weight
- POWER : Slide-out baffle can be configured for efficient cold weather operation
- INCLUDES : Power Head Only (Guide Bar and Chain not included), universal wrench, carburetor screwdriver and torx wrench
The Makita 79cc Chain Saw combines a high power-to-weight ratio with easier starts and lower vibration for a full range of applications. The 79cc engine delivers 5.7 HP and an engine speed of 12,800 RPM, with an easy-starting automatic half-throttle lock and fully electronic ignition with optimized timing across all speed ranges. For extreme conditions, the slide-out baffle can be configured for efficient cold weather operation. Additional features include heavy-duty air filter for extended filter life, and advanced vibration dampening system, engineered to reduce vibration. The EA7900PRZ1 is ideal for forestry work such as tree felling and bucking. This Makita chainsaw was produced at the Dolmar factory in Hamburg Germany.
· Heavy-duty air filter system for extended air filter life and improved durability
· Easy-starting automatic half throttle lock
· Chain compartment is easy to clean and clears chips away efficiently
· Slide out baffle can be configured for efficient cold weather operation
· Two-point durable inertia/mechanical chain brake
· Decompression valve reduces force required for starting
· High power-to-weight ratio: weighs only 14.7 lbs (bar and chain not included)
· Lateral chain tensioning for quick and convenient chain adjustment
· Advanced vibration dampening system engineered to reduce vibration
· Large metal spike bar for increased productivity
I am stocking up on parts so that I can support this machine for ten years.
- Engine Displacement (cu.in./cc) : 4.8 cu.in. (78.5 cc)
- Power Rating : 5.7 HP/4.3 kW
- Max. Engine Speed : 12,800 RPM
- Chain Saw Configuration : Powerhead only
- Pitch : 3/8"
- Fuel Mixture : 50:1
- Fuel Tank Capacity : 25.4 oz.
- Oil Tank Capacity : 14.2 oz.
- Net Weight (w/o bar & chain) : 14.7 lbs.
- User Type : Professional
- Chain Saw Feature : Heavy duty air filter
- Power Type : 2-stroke gas
- Chain Selection : 3/8 x .050
- Shipping Weight : 18.5 lbs.
- UPC Code : 088381-394642
- Makita EA7900PRZ - power head only is $929.95
- Makita EA7900PRZ1 - power head only $959.95
- Makita no longer makes gas chainsaws Stock on hand is all that is available
- Makita 28" bar and 3/8" .050" chain available while stock lasts
- Oregon PowerCut with LubriTec oiling system, 280RNDD009 28” fits Makita/Dolmar is $109.33 (can be used insead of the Makita 28” bar)
- 32" guide bars and chains are in stock from Oregon, TsuMura, Sugihara and Husqvarna. GB and Cannon guide bars can be ordered.
- 36" bars and chains are in stock from Oregon, TsuMura, Husqvarna, SugiHara and Husqvarna. GB and Cannon guide bars can be ordered.
- A skip chain is recommended for any chain longer than 28"